Dr. Yongserk Kim is a Professor in the College of Information and Communication Engineering at Sungkyunkwan University since March in 2014. He got a Ph.D. degree from the Information and Communication Engineering of Dongguk University in Aug 2011. He got a Honorary Doctorate which is the highest honor of SAMSUNG Electronics engineer from SAMSUNG Electronics in 2002. He got an MS degree from College of Information and Communication Engineering at Sungkyunkwan University in 2002. He got a BS degree from Electrical Engineering at Sungkyunkwan University Feb in 1983. Dr. Yongserk Kim worked for SAMSUNG Electorics as a director from January in 2004 to December in 2013.
Now, He is the chief of IoT Commercialization Support Center at Sungkyunkwan University.
- Architecture Design for Wearable/IoT System IC
- System-level Low-power Design
- System Software
- Development of Mobile System/Service
- Prime Minister Award, Contribution to the development of information and communication, 2000
- Presidential Award, A lots of patented achievement, 1991
- 엔지니어 세상의 중심에 서라, 위즈덤하우스, 김용석 저, 2007.05.28.
- Jan 2004 ~ Dec 2013 Director, SAMSUNG Electronics.
- Jan 2010 ~ Dec 2013 Chief. Smartphone System S/W Team, Mobile Division, SAMSUNG Electronics.
- Jan 1998 ~ Dec 2009 Group Manager, IMT2000 Modern S/W, Communications Research Institute, SAMSUNG Electronics.
- Jan 1983 ~ Dec 1997 Group Manager, ASIC Design Group, SAMSUNG Research Institute.
Chief. Acoustic Technology Center, DMC Research Institute, SAMSUNG Electronics.
College of Information and Communication Engineering
300 Cheoncheon-Dong, Jangan-Gu,
Suwon, Gyeonggi-Do 440-746, Republic of Korea
Email: yskimasi [at] skku [dot] edu
Professor Office Phone: +82-31-299-4303
CPS Lab Phone: +82-31-299-4106